Greeting’s from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering!!!.
The Computer Science and Engineering Department was started in the year 1999 with intake capacity of 60 seats and is identified as one of the most challenging and as an essential source of tools and techniques for advancement in every multidisciplinary areas.
We have highly committed and competitive team of faculty fraternity, who experiments and adapts new innovative pedagogy methods for making all the technical concepts clear as well to keep our students abreast with the latest technologies, skills and developments emerging in this field. This practice has proved our students very challenging and successful in various domains of competitions at university, state and national level.
We have well equipped class rooms with multimedia facilities, 8 Labs with latest software’s and 24 hours High Speed internet (Leased line) , well networked Lab setups and Department Library for the students to access, additional WIFI facility across the campus , which makes our students well advanced on professional front. We promote our students to take and develop challenging projects, well from second year and our students have proved by winning many awards for being the best projects at the university and state level in the domain of Computer Science and information Technology.
Department makes use of Moodle [ It is a free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites.] for resource sharing such as sharing of power point slides, notes, articles, papers and so on for the students to access the resources globally, and also practices online submission for the student’s assignments and practical assignments using moodle.
We are proud for our students of Computer Science and Engineering, who have participated in many national and technical conferences throughout India and have achieved many outstanding positions and appreciation for their excellent performance. We are proud to see our students placed in esteemed companies like TCS, JOHN DEERE, PERSISTENT, JADE GLOBAL, iGATE, ZENSAR, L&T INFOTECH and so on with more than 85% students being placed in the academic year 2013-14.
We have started the CSI (Computer Society of India)-Student chapter, which is the largest professional computer Engineer’s society in INDIA and have been conducting several workshops, events, activities for the benefit of our students.
Computer Science student association, ACSES have been actively contributing since past 4 years in organizing mega events WIZARD (Programming Contests) and MANTHAN (Debate and Elocution Competitions) every year across the university colleges.
We conduct activities under Student Development Cell of the department after the college hours. Under this cell we conduct many workshops/ Activities /seminars to develop their personality and professional Skills.
Mr. A. S. Patil
Department of Computer Science and engineering
DEPARTMENT VISION MISSION
To build core theoretical and practical skills in the students and abreast them to be globally competent with the latest technologies, skills and developments emerging in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
To impart quality education to the students with
- Through essential technical comprehension and skills.
- The awareness of societal and ethical needs in the field of computer science and Engineering.
- Building competency with existing tools and technologies.
- To train and prepare students to excel in applying practical knowledge with strong theoretical background which will help the student to meet higher professional carrier, corporate standards and also develop leadership and entrepreneurship.
- To provide students with a solid foundation of core computer science, networking, algorithm and databases required to solve computer science and engineering problems.
- To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth particularly in bioinformatics, embedded systems, cyber security, wireless communication, data analytics and artificial intelligence so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel software solutions for the real life problems.
- To inculcate in students soft skills, business communication, professional and ethical attitude, entrepreneurship, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate computer science and engineering issues to broader social context.
- To provide students a platform to identify and meet the challenges of software sector which will encourage them for research and development at national and international. To create awareness among students on social, ethical and environmental issues.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, basic science and in depth technical competence in computer science and engineering discipline to meet the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review various computer science research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems using basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Design/development of solutions: Design software solutions for complex computer science and engineering problems and design system processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods in the field of computer science and engineering including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and software tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning obtained from the contextual knowledge of computer science to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the software solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the computer science and engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex computer engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to make effective presentations, write effective reports and design documentation.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the software engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of computer engineering and technological change.