- Mechanical Engineering Departmental Information Brochure
- Supporting Staff
- Departmental Advisory Board
- Departmental Achievements
- Departmental Best Practices
- Departmental Activities
- MoU’s with Industries
- Department in Print Media
- Students Achievements
- Photo Gallery
- Placements Mech-2018-19
- Placements Mech-2017-18
- Placements_Mech 2014-15
- Internship Academic Year 2017-18
- Internship Academic Year 2016-17
- Internship Academic Year 2015-16
- Internship Academic Year 2014-15
- Departmental Newsletter-2017-18
- Departmental Newsletter-2016-17
- Departmental Newsletter-2015-16
- Departmental Newsletter-2014-15
- Departmental Newsletter-2012-13
The Mechanical Engineering programme was formally started in the year 2002 with an initial Intake of 30, and since then it has grown from strength to strength, the intake was increased to 60 in the year 2003
and to 120 in the year 2011, – it is now amongst the top Departments of the Institute as well as rated high amongst programmes offered in the University. Excellent academic performance is the most redeeming feature of the Department. Students regularly feature amongst the University rank holders. It has an excellent Placement record- of almost 100% of the graduating students are offered lucrative jobs through campus interviews on a regular basis.
The Department assimilates three simple elements: Gifted, erudite and talented faculty; an emphasis on fundamental principles of core sciences; and an academic ambience that inspires one to address the technological challenges of the future. Faculty consists of teachers who are constantly engaged in updating themselves through Q.I.P’s, VAT, undertaking Consultancy & research work of original nature and subsequent publications. Many of the members of the faculty have earned to their credit quite a number of praiseworthy research papers published in the national and international journals of repute. The department organizes seminars and workshops on varied topics every year. The department has very good Industry-Institute interaction and has conducted several short courses for working professionals from industry. The faculties are actively engaged in research and consultancy in addition to regular academic work.
Employment prospects for mechanical engineers are strong, particularly where local economies are growing. Industrial sectors in which mechanical engineers have traditionally made substantial contributions include aerospace, automotive, chemical, computer and electronics, construction, consumer products, energy, engineering consulting and government. In addition, the medical and pharmaceutical industries also present exciting opportunities for mechanical engineers to bridge with the lift sciences. The Department organizes Seminars and workshops on varied topics every year. The department has very good Industry-Institute interaction and has conducted several short courses for working professionals from industry.
The Department provides ample laboratory facilities and hands-on training to the Undergraduate students both in the conventional subject as also in the emerging fields of specialization. The department has well established CAD/CAM laboratory with state of the art hardware and software. The basic laboratories such as Automobile & heat engines laboratory, fluid & turbo machinery laboratory, Metrology laboratory, Heat and mass transfer laboratory, Measurement laboratory, Machine Tools laboratory, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Foundry and Metallurgy laboratory, Mechatronics laboratory and Industrial Engineering laboratory have fully fledged facilities. The department has sprawling workshop situated on a sq ft area comprising of machine shop, foundry, smithy, sheet metal, plumbing, welding, fitting and carpentry sections.
Concurrently, the discipline of Mechanical Engineering is constantly changing and evolving in response to new scientific discoveries and societal needs. Mechanical Engineering plays a dominant role in enhancing safety, economic vitality, enjoyment and overall quality of life throughout the world. We at the department strive to take that envisioned role for future good of all humanity.
- To develop as centre of excellence in upcoming areas of Mechanical Engineering and be a preferred choice of all stake holders.
The department is committed to imbibe and empower its faculty and aspiring engineers with:
- Technical knowledge, skills and research attitude in the field of Mechanical engineering to fulfill the needs of industry.
- Social and ethical values to fulfill the needs of society.
- Spirit of entrepreneurship for nation building.
- The graduates will be able to apply fundamental knowledge in science and engineering to solve industrial and societal problems.
- The graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of mechanical engineering and allied areas to handle complex real life problems for obtaining viable solutions.
- The graduates will exhibit engineering skills and ethical values while pursuing professional career.
- The graduates will be able to demonstrate professional skills to become entrepreneurs.
- Engineering knowledge: Mechanical Engineering graduates will acquire and be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Thermal, Design, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Problem analysis: Graduates will be able to identify, define, formulate and solve Thermal, Design, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering problems.
- Design/development of solutions: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct scientific experiments, analyze, interpret the data and report the results.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design Engineering and Management systems, components and processes as per user defined needs and specifications.
- Modern tool usage: Graduates will demonstrate the skills to use the latest tools and techniques in Mechanical Engineering, software and equipment to analyze and solve problems.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the mechanical engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Graduates will be aware of the impact of engineering processes on Environment, Society and of contemporary issues and shall be able to provide suitable solutions for the same.
- Ethics: Graduates will reveal an understanding of their professional as well as ethical and social responsibilities.
- Individual and team work: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to work and effectively contribute within and interdisciplinary teams of Engineering and science laboratories
- Communication: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written forms.
- Project management and finance: Graduates will acquire managerial and financial skills to undertake and accomplish Engineering projects.
- Life-long learning: Graduates will aspire for self education and lifelong learning and will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GRE, GATE and IES.
PSO1: Mechanical Engineering graduates will acquire and be able to apply fundamental and advanced knowledge in field of Mechanical and allied areas of engineering.
PSO2: Mechanical Engineering graduates will demonstrate an ability to provide engineering solutions to Industrial, agricultural, automobile and rural problems.
PSO3: Mechanical Engineering graduates will demonstrate an ability to work and effectively contribute in professional activities.