- Departmental Page:
- Technical and Non-Teaching Staff
- TATA Technologies Ready Engineer Program:
The Department of Production Engineering has been functional since the inception of the institute. 25 batches have been graduated from the department and majority of the students are presently placed in renowned industries in India and abroad, holding challenging positions. The department is recognized for its excellent academic performance at the university level and competitive exams for the post graduate studies. One P.G. program M.E. (Industrial Engg.) was introduced in 2017 . The B.E. (Production Engineering) course was first accredited by N.B.A. (National Board of Accreditation), New Delhi, in year 2005 for three years and for the second time in the year 2008 for three years.
All the faculty has adequate teaching and professional experience. Almost all have completed their post graduation. Average teaching and professional experience of the faculty is about 11 years. The department has a well established industry institute interaction with local industries and total 28 MOU’s have been signed with various industries. A separate advisory board is also formed consisting of renowned Industrialists and Academicians for smooth functioning of the department and to cater the needs of the future.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Production engineering graduate will collect and analyze data, and solve problems in manufacturing engineering using software tools such as modeling, design, analysis and simulation.
- Production engineering graduate will participate individually or in team, in activities pertaining to industrial problems and arrive at reasonably acceptable solutions to problems using quality control tools, tools for optimization of CNC operations and other similar tools.
Why Are We The Best?
We Production Engineering Department are committed,
- To empower the staff and aspiring engineers with essential technical knowledge and skills in manufacturing engineering
- To develop competence to serve ever changing needs of industry and society with stress on employability of graduates
- To inculcate social and ethical values among the students and employees; and
- To strengthen collaborative research and consulting environment with industry and other institutions.
- Engineering knowledge: Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and manufacturing engineering to solve engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Production Engineering graduate will identify, formulate and solve manufacturing engineering and management problems considering natural sciences, principles of mathematics.
- Design/development of solutions: Production Engineering graduate will design solution for engineering problems in manufacturing processes and systems, with appropriate considerations for societal and environmental issues.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Production Engineering graduate will conduct investigations of problem, analyze and interpret the data, and synthesis of information.
- Modern tool usage: Production Engineering graduate will select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern manufacturing engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to engineering activities.
- The engineer and society: Production Engineering graduate will assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional manufacturing engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Production Engineering graduate will show the understanding of impact of manufacturing engineering solutions on the society and environment, also will be aware of need of sustainable development.
- Ethics: Production Engineering graduate will apply ethical principles and norms of engineering practice in the profession.
- Individual and team work: Production Engineering graduate will function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Production Engineering graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form for engineering activities in the profession
- Project management and finance: Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the management and finance principles.
- Life-long learning: Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate ability for self education and life-long learning in the domain of manufacturing engineering and management.
The graduates will excel in Engineering and Management PG programs or to succeed in sustainable and core manufacturing areas such as materials and processes, tooling design, manufacturing planning, manufacturing automation, management or software profession through relevant and rigorous education.
- Core Competence
The graduates will show potential in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve manufacturing engineering problems; also to pursue higher studies in Engineering, Management and to practice entrepreneurship.
The graduates will demonstrate good scientific and engineering breadth particularly in electrical, electronics and computer engineering including tools and technique of manufacturing engineering, so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life manufacturing problems.
The graduates will show professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, decision making skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate issues in production engineering to broader social context.
- Learning Environment
The graduates will acquire life-long learning needed for a successful professional career in Manufacturing Engineering or Management or Software.