Teaching Faculty Profile
Departmental Activities Organised
Technical and Non-Teaching Staff Profile
The Department of Production Engineering has been functional since the inception of the institute. 24 batches have been graduated from the department and majority of the students are presently placed in renowned industries in India and abroad, holding challenging positions. The department is recognized for its excellent academic performance at the university level and competitive exams for the post graduate studies. One P.G. program M.E. (Mechanical-Production Engg.) was introduced in 2004 and a P.G. program M.E. (CAD/CAM/CAE) in 2008. The B.E. (Production Engineering) course was first accredited by N.B.A. (National Board of Accreditation), New Delhi, in year 2005 for three years and for the second time in the year 2008 for three years.
All the faculty has adequate teaching and professional experience. Almost all have completed their post graduation. Average teaching and professional experience of the faculty is about 11 years. The department has a well established industry institute interaction with local industries and total 28 MOU’s have been signed with various industries. A separate advisory board is also formed consisting of renowned Industrialists and Academicians for smooth functioning of the department and to cater the needs of the future.
To develop as a center of excellence in technical education in Manufacturing Engineering and the preferred choice of all stake holders.
We are committed
- To empower the faculty, staff and aspiring engineers with essential technical knowledge and skills
- To develop competence towards serving the ever changing needs of society and industry.
- To inculcate social and ethical values amongst the students and employees.
- To strengthen collaborative research and consulting environment with industry and other institutions.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and manufacturing engineering.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve manufacturing engineering and management problems.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments in manufacturing processes and systems, and analyze and interpret data.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate an ability to design manufacturing system components or processes as per the needs and specifications.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks related to metallurgical, electro-mechanical, Mechatronics and computer systems.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate skills to use analytical tools, CAD/CAM software and modern CNC equipment to analyze and solve manufacturing engineering problems.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities in the profession.
- Production Engineering graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in the profession.
- Production Engineering graduate will show the understanding of impact of manufacturing engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues addressing the impact of manufacturing industry on society.
- Production Engineering graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning in manufacturing engineering and management.
- Production Engineering graduate will demonstrate an ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, CAT and IES.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Production engineering graduate will be able to collect and analyze data, and solve complex problems in manufacturing engineering using software tools such as modeling, design, analysis and simulation.
- Production engineering graduate will be able to organize technical and co-curricular activities/competitions as an individual or member of the organizing team, with the purpose of enhancing soft skill and problem solving abilities
- Production engineering graduate will be able to participate individually or in team, in activities pertaining to industrial problems and arrive at reasonably acceptable solutions to problems using quality control tools, tools for optimization of CNC operations and other similar tools.